Monday 25 April 2011

(Soundtrack) Music Monday II

There are so many soundtracks in the world.

So I think I'm justified in doing this again, since I'm tired and recycling old themes is what I do when I'm tired.

For a grunge fan(atic) I don't listen to enough Screaming Trees. Sounds like Goo Goo Dolls could have done if the success of Dizzy Up The Girl hadn't gone to their heads and they'd continued to make punk rock instead of going all MOR. From the soundtrack of Singles, Screaming Trees with Nearly Lost You

Total genre change here - a bit of a guilty pleasure for me this one, from 13 Going On 30. Soft Cell, Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love Go ( the one on the soundtrack is just Tainted Love, but who can beat two tracks for the price of one?) And to regain a tiny little bit of my creditability back, the Marilyn Manson version.

She's on Later with Jools Holland this week. Bound to be good - I've been disappointed with this series so far (the content has been a mixture of jazz, blues and MOR - very little originality) but I'm looking forward to this episode. From The Crow: City Of Angels, PJ Harvey, Naked Cousin 

Mollxx

No comments:

Post a Comment