Saturday 23 April 2011

Song Of The Week

Well, it's that time again!

Today's SOTW is a eighties classic. No, it's not Spandau Ballet. I saw it in a film last night and it struck me again  how fantastic this song is. It's one of my Mum's go-to kitchen karaoke songs (next to Kaiser Cheifs Ruby). Billy Idol, White Wedding

AOTS right now is Pulp's Different Class. It's got Common People on it. And Disco 2000. Both of which you have to know the words to. It's the law, people. I don't make this stuff up...

Mollxx

P.S. By the way, I've heard My Chemical Romance's version of Common People.

It's not that awful.

It's just...not Pulp's version. And yes, smart-alec in the corner, I know that's stating the obvious. But when you grow up with one and then hear the other, never having had the time for MCR, you can't help but feel like covering such an iconic track was a stupid idea on their part.

Besides, Gerard Way is nowhere near as cool as Jarvis Cocker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment