Thursday 21 April 2011

The 27 Club

It's bank holiday time! (That has no bearing on today's theme. It's just an observation.)

I had opportunity yesterday, in response to a comment my Mum made about the perpetual moodiness of Pete Townshend, to quote Nirvana's Serve The Servants ("Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"). As a result, I started thinking about other musicians who died at 27. Turns out there are quite a few.

*looks at floor bashfully because, although this isn't riot-grrrl, it's damn close*  AWESOME! The Gits, Second Skin  (Also, an honourable mention for their cover of Sam Cooke's A Change Is Gonna Come)

I have no idea what he's singing, but he looks and sounds pretty cool. Plus, he's only playing two chords and yet it sounds fantastic! Alexander Bashlachev, Vremya Kolokolchikov

I'm sure either Last fm. or Youtube has recommended this band to me before. Now I see why. I have a bit of a hidden love of experimental rock. The Mars Volta, Televators

Mollxx

No comments:

Post a Comment