Tuesday 26 April 2011

Label Day: Bar None Records

I'm getting Joy Division vibes off of this, which is more than fine by me. The Embarrassment, Beautiful Day

Now this band has been lurking in my peripheral vision for a while. I know they exist, yes, and I've heard a couple of their songs, but never really listened to them as such. It's probably about time I did. Yo La Tengo, The Summer

I must have 'One-Of-The-People-In-This-Band-Is-Or-Has-Been-In-A-Band-With-Conor-Oberst' radar. Case in point: Lullaby For The Working Class. Mike Mogis, who is currently in MOF and Bright Eyes, and Ted Stevens, who although never having been in on of his bands, has worked on several BE albums and is also in a band with a guy who was in Commander Venus once upon a time. There's today's musical geekdom over with. Lullaby For The Working Class, Hypnotist

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment