Thursday 24 March 2011

You'd Better Hope They Get Along (Family Bands, That Is.)

That post title has some right nice rhythm to it. I may use it as a lyric.

Well, theirs was a stable relationship. Jesus & Mary Chain, Just Like Honey. (Awesome bass line. Awesome)

You know, for a while I didn't quite get that there were other members of the band. Another pairing of super-polite bros, yes? Sorry to be so bloody obvious but I love this song. Oasis, Lyla 

A double whammy for yuz here - the Dessner twins and the Devendorfs. And Bryan Devendorf is only the best drummer EVER. (Matt Berninger, the singer, his brother Tom has done some video shooting-type-stuff for them n'all) The National, Pay For Me

Mollx

P.S. I will now be listening to that 'National song for at least another ten minutes. Then I will go on to Karen. Then Mistaken For Strangers. Then Guest Room. Then Murder Me Rachel.....

Well, tomorrow won't be pretty if I'm spending all tonight on the computer, will it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment