Monday 28 March 2011

Music Monday: The YouTube Trail

We've all done it. Start off on one video and go from there, on and on and on. Sometimes you find an indie gem, sometimes something you WISH YOU'D NEVER HEARD. So despite the multitude of dangers I am embarking on such a trail myself, and live-blogging the results.

Starting off on one of my "Recommended Videos" on YT, Saturday Looks Good To Me, with Car Crash.

Hmm. It's a bit slow but it's got a hint of Bright Eyes and thus I like it.  

*click*

Thursday, Understanding In A Car Crash.

This is annoying me. It's emo-pop-punk and as rule I'm not much of a fan. Mind you, it has bits of early-Goo Goo Dolls in it and it references Neil Young, so they must listen to good music. But it's not bad. No, not bad, just unremarkable.

*click*

Florence + the Machine, Kiss With A Fist

I like her. She's pretty quirky. Nice song, too. You can tell why everybody's got so hyped up over her.

*click*

Cary Brothers, Ghost Town

Again, I'm not sure. It's a good song. It'd fit well on Grey's Anatomy, if they haven't already played it. But the thing is, IT'S TOO POLISHED! Give it some grit, please! 

*click*

Oh Land, Sun Of A Gun

Stop the presses! Decent dance pop! Yes, I know that's an oxymoron, but I actually like this! 

Rating 3.75/5. Half a point for Ghost Town, quarter of a point for that Thursday song, a full point for all the others.

Well, must say I rather enjoyed that!

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment