Tuesday 29 March 2011

She Bangs The Drums (Not)

(bit early, ain't it?)

I could write for weeks about sexism in music.

But that would bore us all.

So I won't.

The one position in a band that women are most often associated with, apart from of course lead vocal, is bass. And with that, I give you a post full to the brim with female bass players.

I have some tracks of theirs. Why I ignored them I don't know, 'coz I like this, surprise surprise. The Thermals, Now We Can See

This I like too. Although I hadn't heard of them before. (You there, NME? Guitar music = not dead.) The Indelicates, America.

Bit of a one-hit-wonder in the eyes of the general public but that's putting them down a bit. Nice and floaty and a bit sinister. The Dandy Warhols, Whipping Tree.

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment