Wednesday 23 March 2011

Well Whaddya Know, It's WEDNESDAY!

I have often talked of nostalgia. You are probably sick of it. However, I don't have many musically aware years to my name (read: I knew zilch about music until three years ago.) Hence anything I knew before 2008/9 makes me smile and feel like an undercooked pancake. In a good way, of course.

So, today's spotlight is on something called Music That Got Me Into Music. Or rather, Folk. No, stay where you are. Please? Oh come on! Have I ever recommended bad music? (Don't answer that.)

Back in the day I was into rather traditional folk. The whole beards, banjo, pedal steel, acoustic guitar based shabang. If it's from the Midwest it's called Americana. If it's from the Midlands it's folk. Anyhow, I'll go easy on you - this is Karine Polwart, Daisy. Not that she had a beard the last time I checked.

One of the guys from this gang was in the rock band Idlewild. There's something you don't often see. Drever McCusker and Woomble, Silver And Gold

Fiddle-player (a damn fine one), singer and mainstream folkie, IT'S SETH LAKEMAN! One of my favourite songs from ages ago. Seth Lakeman, Crimson Dawn.

I hope you enjoyed that. I did.

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment