Friday 4 March 2011

In The Spotlight

I'll come right out and admit it. There are gaps in my knowledge.

For a self-professed music geek, this is rather an embarrassing circumstance, so I am hereby setting up a mini-series in which I will attempt to extend my knowledge in a somewhat vague way, one genre at a time. Instead of starting with the obvious, (hip-hop, doom-jazz metal) I have decided to start with a genre that is more of a sub-culture within a sub-culture: Steampunk.

I don't know if I like this. It reminds me of that Old Time Relijun song I posted, only sparse and strange. I think I like it. I'm not sure. Thomas Truax, Prove It To My Daughter

This sounds like a movie soundtrack. I like it more than the last track, a lot more. I think I might actually grow to love this.Vernian Process, Behold The Machine

Different yet again. More like word music than anything. World music with a dance-y drum beat and bleeps. Strangely good. Abney Park, Sleep Isabella

For those of you who like Warren Zevon only grubbier and with top hats. The Unextraordinary Gentleman, Mr Soot's Little Black Book

Arrgh! Hold up WHAT THE HELL? STEAMPUNK RAP?? Oh good heavens. Saying that, this is probably the most entertaining rap song I've heard. Doctor Steel, Back and Forth

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment