Wednesday 29 February 2012

Not Another One!

Ten minutes ago, I was drooling over this website. Specifically the shoes. And the waistcoats. And the corsets. Hell, all of it. But I was rudely disturbed from looking at clothes I will never have the money, or the style, to wear, by a certain little thing called the NME Awards.

Best British Band!

Arctic Monkeys
Bombay Bicycle Club
The Horrors
Kasabian
Muse

Who I Expect To Win: Arctic Monkeys - NME's Flavour Of The Month since 2005.

Who I Want To Win: The Horrors.


Best International Band!

Arcade Fire
Foo Fighters
Justice
Odd Future
The Strokes

Who I Expect To Win: Odd Future. God knows why, because they're...ah..generally unsavoury. But then NME loves 'em.

Who I Want To Win: Arcade Fire. It was a toss-up between them or The Strokes, but the cover of The Suburbs doesn't make my eyes go funny, unlike Angles.

Best Solo Artist!

Adele
Florence + The Machine
Frank Turner
Laura Marling
Miles Kane
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

Who I Expect To Win: Florence + The Machine. I can't see Adele getting an NME Award, not after all those (what is it now? 84?) awards she's won recently.

Who I Want To Win: Laura Marling. Again.

Best New Band!

Foster The People
Lana Del Rey
Tribes
The Vaccines
Wu Lyf

Who I Expect To Win: Ooh, tough one. I'm gonna go with The Vaccines, just because NME loves their Schrödinger's guitar music articles.

Who I Want To Win: Wu Lyf. Well, I like 'em, and they're from Manchester (same as yours truly).

Best Live Band!

Arctic Monkeys
Kasabian
Muse
Pulp
Two Door Cinema Club

Who I Expect To Win: Kasabian. Enter witty quip here.

Who I Want To Win: Well, I can't really say since I've never seen any of them live, but Jarvis Cocker is awesome, so I'm going with Pulp.

Best Album!

Arctic Monkeys – ‘Suck It And See’
The Horrors – ‘Skying’
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds – ‘Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds’
PJ Harvey – ‘Let England Shake’
The Vaccines – ‘What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?’

Who I Expect To Win: Arctic Monkeys. Well, this is NME.

Who I Want To Win: Eh. I haven't heard any of them all the way through, I don't have an innate dislike of any of them, and I can't think of any band-specific jokes. Thus, a free-for-all.

Best Track!

Arctic Monkeys – ‘The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala’
Bombay Bicycle Club – ‘Shuffle’
Florence + The Machine – ‘Shake It Out’
Hurts – ‘Sunday’
Lana Del Rey – ‘Video Games’

Who I Expect To Win: Hurts. Well, the 80's revival has to be acknowledged sometime. 

Who I Want To Win: Arctic Monkeys. Yes, you read that right. I might have been gently poking fun at them, but I do rather like Hellcat.

 Moll x

No comments:

Post a Comment