Thursday 19 May 2011

Well, This Is Weird.

I heard this (I say heard - heard about thirty seconds of Sliver as I was getting outta the shower) on Steve Lemaq's 6 Music show today, and I just had to share it. Little Roy, Sliver/Dive.

What do you get if you cross a fantastic Stones song with a post-punk/techno band? This: Devo, Satisfaction

I didn't know the Blondie one is actually a cover - but this is a great cover-of-a-cover. Acid Reign, Hangin' On The Telephone. In a similar vein, L7's version

Stick with it 'til the first chorus. Then it goes from ridiculous to sublime. Lawnmower Deth, Kids In America

Also, see here as to why Lawnmower Deth should actually be called Hod'd'd'd' Deth. (From 3.44, but just watch the whole thing, for gods (or James Mason's*) sake.)

Mollxx
(From 1: 29.)

No comments:

Post a Comment