Sunday 29 May 2011

Salt Lake City? Punk?

I've been watching a film this afternoon, called SLC Punk.

Yeah, I'd never heard of it either - not surprising, since it's a cult film, and I was actually rather pleasantly surprised. I was expecting something I'd have to switch off in five minutes, but no. It's the story of a punk college grad in Salt Lake City - and it's a cool, quirky comedy that stereotypes punk culture just enough to make it funny but not enough for it to feel stupid or stunted...and...well, I can't say anything else without a) making it sound pretentious, and b) spoiling it. But I can tell you it has a killer soundtrack, so go watch it on YouTube (for free!!!) There are much, much worse ways to spend an hour and forty minutes.

I'd much rather listen to this to this than the original (no disrespect to Lynn Anderson though. I just don't like it.) The Suicide Machines, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden

I love this. One of my favourite Ramones songs - The Ramones, She's The One

Whaddya mean, this is the first time the punkiest-ever yodeller has appeared on this blog? Adam And The Ants, Beat My Guest

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment