Monday 23 May 2011

(Medicinal) Music Monday

The house is filled with empty boxes of Ibuprofen, discarded tissues and the unmistakeable scent of decongestant spray.

This can mean only one thing.

All three people in this house are as sick as parrots.

Why parrots have been labelled as particularly sick animals I don't know.

I really like this song. It's less dancy than their more recent stuff - and in my mind a helluva lot better. Not to go off on a tangent but one of their recent singles (Rocket?) just sounds like annoying Europop. This doesn't.
Goldfrapp, A&E 

I bought this album ages ago and have barely listened to it since, despite it being a perfectly good album. A trap many fall into when then their collections have long exceeded fifty CDs. And I don't get the Joy Division comparisons, either. Editors, Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors 

Well, this song isn't miserable at all, is it?  It drags, but I like his voice so I think I'll let them get away with it. The Modern Lovers, Hospital

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment