Monday 14 February 2011

(Valentine's Day) Music Monday

It's Valentine's Day! No, don't worry, I ain't gonna go all soppy on you. I'm all about the bitter, twisted love song.

We start with this. Don't listen to this right before going to bed. Marilyn Manson, I Put A Spell On You

I was surprised to hear that this song was ever regarded as 'romantic'. No prizes for guessing which R.E.M. song this is.

A bit early, but who cares. THE best Christmas song ever, and a twisted love story to boot. The Pogues & Kirsty McColl, Fairytale of New York

When I bleached my hair the other month, I came out looking like Johnny Rotten. However, I'd rather have that bleached-gingery colour than the colour I had before it that was likened to Cheryl Cole. Public Image Ltd, This Is Not A Love Song

Not all that twisted, and it is a little soppy, but it's a nice song. Iron and Wine, Belated Promise Ring

And a real love song to finish. I'm slipping it in here mostly because Monsieur Ramone (all of 'em) has one of those voices that gives even this a slightly acidic hint. The Ramones, Baby I Love You

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment