Friday 11 February 2011

THE LIST, Part Uno

Well, I have this list. It is a list of musically inclined folks that I am not familiar with and I've been putting off investigating these people for FAR TOO LONG.

That is, until now!

I like this band. I don't know why. My inner music critic hates it, but then...oh, to hell with it, it's noisy, it's distorted, it's feminist, I love it. Bikini Kill, Rebel Girl

Quirky, wacky, irrepressible pop. The Flaming Lips, The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song

I really like this. Think The Velvet Underground and The Pretenders. Violent Femmes, All I Want

Matt Everett interviewed Evan Dando a while back, warning beforehand that Evan wasn't exactly the easiest interviewee to follow. Ironically, he made a helluva lot more sense than Matt! The Lemonheads, Confetti

Damn internet. Keeps giving out. Anyway, after listening to this song in 5 second bits, I like it. A Britpop band I don't know at all well, Elastica - Stutter. Oh, what delicious irony.

That's that for tonight, but don't fret - there are still 24 bands on my list ready for looking up! What fun.

Moll


No comments:

Post a Comment