Wednesday 2 February 2011

NME Recommends...

I'm very picky when it comes to music magazines. I don't like Uncut or MOJO. Rock Sound was ok. But the one magazine I really do like is NME. So, some bands/people I heard of via NME.

Great new alternative music that sounds like it should have come out in 2004. Frankie and the Heartstrings, Hunger.

I *think* this guy was in the Super Furries. Not sure. It's kind of dreamy-trippy-pop. Oh, and for those non-Welsh folk out there, it's said Grif. Gruff Rhys, Shark Ridden Waters

My Mum thinks James Allan looks like Joe Strummer. It's worth bearing in mind she likes Joe Strummer. I hope their music lives up to it. Glasvegas, Daddy's Gone

Not creepy in the slightest. Like a driftier, synthier Warpaint. Esben and the Witch, Warpath.

Just something to lighten the mood. Very nicely done pop-rock. The Wombats, Let's Dance to Joy Division (do you think they're stoned?)

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment