Sunday 27 February 2011

Sound Of The Underground

I'm so glad I get to mention this song! I'm literally bouncing in my seat - I. LOVE. THIS. SONG.
DIY pop-punk from Japan - Shonen Knife, Twist Barbie. There's also this song that I just discovered - their cover of Ramones' I Wanna Be Sedated. Spectaculiar.

Oh.......now then. Jangle-pop! Anyone who knows me reasonably well knows I'm a sucker for jangle pop - R.E.M, The Smiths, Sordid Humor...so it's no surprise this is making me drool. The Field Mice, Clearer

This is interesting. Gothic folky post-punk. I think I like it. No, scratch that. I definitely like it. The Dancing Did, Wolves of Worcestershire

I like find Welsh bands. It makes me feel right patriotic, even though I'm technically not Welsh. Jarcrew, Paris & The New Math

AH! Riot grrl, apparently. I Like It. There's nothing like lo-fi punk. Huggy Bear, Pansy Twist

I actually really like this, even though it's basking in its own obtuseness/pretentiousness. 90 Day Men, Dialled In

Back to the Riot Grrl...it was never going to be away for long. Drony but oddly brilliant. Frightwig, I Got Lost

White trash boy/girl punk rock. Niiiiiiiiice. Royal Trux, Let's Get Lost

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment