Friday 16 September 2011

Foreign Friday: Denmark

This fixture is turning out to be quite intriguing, what with me listening to bands I may never have even heard of, let alone listened to.

You tend to have two camps in rock. Alternative rock, and mainstream rock. You get crossover, of course, but I don't think it's usually all that mind-blowing. I'm looking at you, Foo Fighters. This, on the other hand, is everything crossover rock (I'm patenting that) should be. The Floor Is Made Of Lava, All Outta Love

Going off the fact that I have actually heard of the Raveonettes, I would assume they are relatively well-known.
Or maybe not.
The Raveonettes, Attack Of The Ghost Riders

I know I say this all the time, but I really wish I'd been a teenager in the nineties. Because this is awesome. Psyched Up Janis, I Died In My Teens

And as always (but especially with FF) if there's a band you know that you think I'll like - even if it's the kind of thing I don't usually post, I'll listen to anything once - let me know, either in the comments or by sending me an email via the box on the right. I say especially with FF since I use Wikipedia to find these bands, and hence  they might be quite popular in their home country and I'd rather post more underground stuff as you know.

Thanks!
Moll

No comments:

Post a Comment