Thursday 18 August 2011

Cold Case?

Yeah yeah yeah, watched Cold Case this evening, decided to scrape the barrel of one-hit-wonders and tried to find something good, yeah yeah yeah. So, where ARE these bands? Is the trail cold? Maybe.

I like this, mostly because Linda Perry reminds me of Joan Armatrading in a pretty big way ('cept Joan's a lot better. Well, I think so, anyway.) 4 Non Blondes, What's Up



Mum's been singing this so much lately it's become more a conversation starter:
Mum: You know, I get knocked down.
Me: But do you get back up again?
Mum: Oh yeah.
Me: Am I ever gonna keep you down?
Mum: No. Do you want a brew?
Chumbawamba, Tubthumping




Is there anyway I was going to dislike this? It's got Kim Deal from't Pixies and Tanya Donnelly from Throwing Muses, plus an awesome bassline. The Breeders, Cannonball


Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment