Wednesday 19 January 2011

Wacky Wednesday!

Sometimes you need a song to make you smile. Especially on Wednesday (tell me someone else finds Wednesday the most depressing day of the week?). So here are some songs to lighten the mood.

First, we start with Minneapolis's finest, The 'Mats. Mad lyrics and a supremely catchy chorus, *I'm in love! What's that song? I'm in love! With that song!* achem, sorry. The Replacements, Alex Chilton

This gem comes from the brilliantly-titled album Brought to You by Nebraskafish, and is in serious danger of becoming Song of the Week. Capgun Coup, Adorable Doorsteps

I first heard this as the soundtrack to a game of Jenga, and it makes me smile. They Might Be Giants, Istanbul (Not Constantinople) 

I love this band. This is the wackiest chorus I've ever heard and as a result it is VERY hard to take Tom Barnes seriously. I could only find this on their MySpace, so listen to Barbarossa and Private Archipelago while you're there. Sordid Humor, Hat Song

Mollxx

1 comment:

  1. I'll never be able to listen to Istambul... without thinking of Raising Hope :)

    ReplyDelete