Sunday 2 June 2013

Apparently I've Lost My Knack For Titles

An extra long post for you today, just to clear my list. So, eleven songs from all corners of the interwebs. There's no order to it; There's electronica. There's folk. There's rock. There's blues (sort of). If anyone ever wants you to define 'eclectic', send them here.

I'll start off with something pretty normal for me, just to ease you in. Nice hat, Lucy. Lucy Spraggan - Lighthouse

Ah, Franz Ferdinand. This is the problem with a band who only really have two well-known songs. You forget they've ever done anything else. Franz Ferdinand - Bite Hard

Is it blues? Is it folk? Who cares, eh? It's very good, either way. Castanets - Sway

Straight up alt-rock. Fab. Mike Mains & The Branches - Noises

I adore this. Sort of Faustus-meets-Mawkin-Causley-meets-The-Lumineers-with-a-girl-behind-the-mic. Lovely, lovely, lovely song. The April Maze - Don't Let The Bastards Bring You Down

I suppose it's pretty electro-rock-ish? Very nice. MS MR - Hurricane

Black Keys-ish blues rock. Hanni El Katib - You Rascal You

Hazy, sixties tinged folk-pop. Amarante - The Manic

Very far out for this blog - very eighties, but hey, pretty good. Sick Gemini - Discolo
 
A bit more eighties electro for ya. Color Theory - What You Said

A return to my more usual fare - rather nice summery folk-punk. I'd say at points it gets to be a bit of a cacophony, but nice regardless. The Tin Can Collective - I Can't Hold On

So that's that, folks! Remember, if you ever want me to listen to something (as you can see, I have rather varied taste) whether that's a new band you've heard, a new band you're in, or an old band you'll adore until the end of time but no-one else seems to know, GET IN TOUCH!! I won't bite, I promise. Either email me: musicalmartyrdom(at)gmail(dot)com, or tweet me, @EmEmBlog.

Also, new chapter of Gargoyle!

Thanks everyone!

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment