Tuesday 17 January 2012

Label Day: Brassland Records

Well, it was only a matter of time. I feel I haven't mentioned The National in long enough to justify this. If you're wondering about the connection, Aaron and Bryce Dessner (Brothers Set 1 from TN) co-founded the label with Alec Hanley Bemis (there's a name).

I can't say I'm very keen on this, but it's the kind of thing 6 Music would play, and to be honest, after three or four more listens I'll be in love. Baby Dayliner, Critics Pass Away

These guys created their own instruments, one of which is the buke (a six-string former baritone ukulele, and the other of which is the gase (a guitar-bass hybrid). It's fair to say I loved them as soon as I read that. Buke And Gase, Your Face Left Before You (free!) 

*smirks* I've actually heard of Devastations. Yes I have, don't look at me like that. I believe they were on a track with Blonde Redhead from Dark Was The Night, but that's from memory, so I might be wrong. And yet again, I find myself head over heels in love. Devastations, Coal 
 

Moll x


No comments:

Post a Comment