Thursday 7 July 2011

A Shortened Shortlist

The short list for the Polaris Music Prize has been announced! (I'm going to act all enthusiastic, as if I've been looking forward to this all year, but in fact I only just found out about it. Hush, don't tell).

This starts off a tiny little bit MOR, but it builds up into something very nice indeed. Hey Rosetta, Seeds

I've only heard the first thirty seconds of this so far, and I like it already. Timber Timbre, Black Water

Dancerock'n'roll! Galaxie, Camouflar

It's taking me a while, surprisingly, but I'm getting to really like this band. Arcade Fire, The Suburbs

I hear some Florence Welch in her voice. Austra, The Choke

Well, this is laidback. Good though. Braids, Native Speaker

The other people up for this prize are Destroyer, Ron Sexsmith, Colin Stetson, and The Weeknd, but I'm not keen on them, so there. But good luck to all of 'em!

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment