Sunday 5 June 2011

Covers That Shouldn't Exist

Oddly for this blog, I'm going to do a post filled with songs I don't recommend!!! (cue gasps of shock and horror). Inspired by my Mum hearing a cover of Mott The Hoople's All The Young Dudes, which she thinks was done by Boyzone. I looked for this cover and couldn't find it. Quite frankly, I'm glad.

Busted. Don't they have faces begging for a slap? Even more so after this exercise in blasphemy. Busted, Teenage Kicks. Previously done magnificently by The Undertones.

*sobs* Smells Like Teen Spirit is not my favourite Nirvana song. But this has me reduced to a quivering wreck, and not in a good way. Take That, Smells Like Teen Spirit

The Killers, Four Winds. I don't care that they've make it all dance-y. Full marks for interpretation. NIL points for passion. The thing that made the original THE GREATEST song to dance around the kitchen to was the passion that Conor Oberst puts into it. And Mr Flowers sings it like he'd rather be doing something else, like a solo project. So I say this. If you don't wanna sing it, don't sing it. 

Mollx

No comments:

Post a Comment