Sunday 5 May 2013

A Random Collection Of Songs With No Connection Whatsoever, Apart From Perhaps Long Hair

Hi!

 It's a lot better than it sounds like it's going to be; a bit KOL-y, southern rock with a bit of a saxophone jive and a rather grand bassline. It's very cool and well worth listening, so go on. Click the bloody link, you lot. The Weeds, Brother In The Night

Airy Elliott-Smith-tinged americana-pop! (I like that, americana-pop. Nice phrase). Kurt Vile, Never Run Away. 

This is Elbow back when they were just beginning to get popular and weren't yet obsessed with that one bit of violin-work  and choral singing that makes all their other singles sound EXACTLY THE SAME. Anyway, I love this song, it's kick-ass northern pub-rock and it is FABULOUS.Not to be confused with the other Grounds For Divorce that I love. Elbow, Grounds For Divorce

And speaking of long hair, Sam Winchester.
I started watching Supernatural again earlier this week, and seriously? Are haircuts not a thing in America? Dean and Cas seem to manage not to have hair like Rapunzel, though. Or do they cut each others' hair? Or do angels not need haircuts? I don't know.

It's possible I'm over thinking this.

Moll x

P.S. Chapter eleven of The Gargoyle Of St John's is up - please read, please vote!

If you read Gargoyle at any point before chapter twelve goes up, either comment on this post or send me an email (address in the side bar) with your favourite song that I have or haven't posted and I'll mention them all in one big reader-appreciation post, because I love you all and you're all brilliant. :)

mx

No comments:

Post a Comment